Who are we?
- We are a voluntary agency
- We are not part of the HSE
- We are here to offer support to parents and families whose child goes into care.
What do we do?
- We offer help and a listening ear when;
- You are told your child may be going into care
- You are preparing for meetings about your child
- You need to put your point of view across at meetings
- You need to know how the system works
- You would like someone to go with you to a meeting about your child
- You need to know about other services.
How do we work?
- We offer the kind of support that you feel you need
- What you share with us is private and confidential
- We will only speak to others for you if you want us to.
What else do we offer?
- One of us will meet you at our office, your home or some where else that suits you.
- A monthly meeting of parents or family members who have children in care if you would like to come.
- We can offer you support by telephone or text if you wish.
What some parents have said
‘I thought I was the only one that had a child taken into care’
‘you need someone to give you a voice to get your message across.’
‘people don’t want to know you when your child is in care, it was great to meet other parents in the group.”