Co-Ordinator of the Traveller Health Project Vacancy
Limerick Social Service Council CLG aims to promote the dignity and growth of individuals, families and groups in the Limerick city and county area. The work of the Centre is carried out by a dedicated team of over 65 staff and dedicated teams of volunteers, through a range of individual services ranging from support for pre-school children to elderly people.
Applications are invited for the following role-:
CO-ORDINATOR OF THE TRAVELLER HEALTH PROJECT
(Part Time – 30 hours per week (4 days per week)
(Initially 1 Year Fixed Term contract - subject to Funding)
The Co-Ordinator shall be responsible for the day-to-day direction and implementation of the Peer Traveller Health Workers work plan to develop and implement appropriate health promotion/education responses to Traveller Health issues in Limerick City.
Applicants for this post must have:
- A recognised third level Qualification in Health Promotion, Community Work or related discipline.
- Experience working in the community and voluntary sector.
- Experience in managing people in a working environment.
- Experience of working with the Traveller Community in a paid capacity.
- Project Management experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues and needs confronting Travellers and an appreciation of the realities and diversity of their lives.
- A thorough understanding of social justice, inequality and community development practices and principles.
- Understanding and empathy for social exclusion issues.
- Excellent facilitation, interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be required to be flexible with regards to working hours.
Garda Vetting & Reference Checks will apply.
Copy of full Job Description for this role is attached.
Please send a cover letter and a detailed Curriculum Vitae, outlining your experience, skills and suitability for the position, for the attention of Brian Ryan, General Manager, Limerick Social Service Council, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date for receipt of applications is: 5pm, Thursday, 1st July 2021.
Candidates must clearly indicate in their cover letter how they meet each of the above criteria and will be shortlisted on the basis of both essential and desirable criteria.
Please note that incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Limerick Social Service Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Please find the full job spec-candidate info document in the link below:
Job Description Co-Ordinator Programme.doc
Advert Co-Ordinator of the TH Project.doc