COVID-19 / coronavirus Information
Please find update on the current situation relating to COVID-19 (or coronavirus as it is also called).
As you are most likely aware as of the 3rd March 2020 on the Island of Ireland there have been two confirmed cases of COVID-19. One in Northern Ireland and the other in the East of Ireland. These cases are being managed by public health authorities in accordance with relevant guidelines.
The HSE COVID-19 crisis management team for HSE Mid West Community Healthcare is meeting locally on an on-going basis to ensure we are responding appropriately to the evolving circumstances.
Main Points to consider :
1. Maintain good hand and respiratory hygiene
a) Practice good hand hygiene i.e. wash our hands regularly and thoroughly.
b) Practice what’s called good respiratory etiquette i.e. covering your cough.
· Please see link: https://public.3.basecamp.com/p/RTp3RcZS2T1iTAscFkmmqucu
2. Ensure you have the most up-to-date information
The approach which has been taken to date in Ireland is in line with guidance from the WHO and ECDC (European Centre for Disease Control)
Websites are being updated daily; for the latest information about Covid-19 please see links:
· HSE website https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus.html
· HPSC website which is updated at 1pm daily https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/
· Department of Health website https://www.gov.ie/en/campaigns/c36c85-covid-19-coronavirus/
3. Display posters containing up-to-date information in facilities used by the general public
· Please see link: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/472f64-covid-19-coronavirus-guidance-and-advice/
These steps are particularly important for those of us working in healthcare settings, but they should be strongly encouraged for everyone.
Please bring this memo to the attention of staff who may not have access to email.
Chief Officer, HSE Mid-West Community Healthcare.