Early Childcare Practitioner Vacancy
Limerick Social Service Council CLG is seeking experienced, enthusiastic and driven Early Year’s Practitioners to join our team in the Southside Child and Family Centre. This is a really exciting and innovative service that will cater for the needs of children and families accessing the Child and Family Centre.
The successful candidates will ensure the Early Years/Family Support Service is delivered in a professional manner and help create a safe, caring and welcoming environment for the children and their families/carers.
Successful applicants for the above position must have the following:-
• Minimum Level 6 qualification in Early Childhood Care and Education
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Early Year’s Practitioner
• Good knowledge of Aistear / Síolta
• Previous experience of working in a community based service
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge and understanding of the issues facing children and families, particularly in disadvantaged communities
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the early years sector
• Commitment to work creatively to achieve better outcomes for children and families
• Capacity to develop and review plans and programmes to respond to changing needs of children and families
• Capacity to work with adaptability and sensitivity and to work flexible hours as required
• Ability to identify and appropriately address child protection concerns
• Capacity to self-motivate and work independently and in collaboration with a team
• A commitment to his/her own Continuing Professional Development
• Willingness to be part of a learning community
• Competitive salary – depending on qualifications and experience
• Generous annual leave
• Pension scheme
• Ongoing Continuous Professional Development opportunities
• Friendly, welcoming work environment
This is a permanent position subject to 6 months’ probation, 2 written references, Garda Vetting and continued funding from our statutory funding agencies.
Please send an up to date Curriculum Vitae together with cover letter to James Connery, Operational Manager, LSSC Southside Child and Family Centre, Galvone Road, Roxboro, Limerick, V94725D or send Curriculum Vitae and cover letter by email to email@example.com
General enquiries to: Yvonne Galvin, Early Years Manager, Southside Child and Family Centre, 061-319094, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Tuesday 29th June, 2021.
Interviews will take place week beginning July 5th 2021.
A panel will may be formed for future vacancies.
LSSC is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity.
The Post is funded by Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration & Youth, Pobal & Tusla.
Please find the full job spec-candidate info document in the link below:
Early Year Practitioner Advert June 2021.docx
Candidate Information Early Years Family Support Practitioner June 2021.docx