Vacancy - Community Mother (Part Time 20 hours per week, Fixed Term 26 week contract)
The Community Mother will work as part of the Community Mothers Team to deliver the Community Mothers Programme, including conducting home visits and facilitating group work. The Community Mother will work as an integral part of the Community Mothers Programme and the Child and Family Service in LSSC.
Applicants for this post must have:
- Relevant and recognised qualification in Social Work, Social Care, Early Childhood Care and Education or other related discipline
- Experience of working with vulnerable children and families and particularly with children in the early years
- Experience of working in partnership with families and carers
- Be a highly motivated, proactive individual with excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Have a working knowledge of Tusla Children First and Meitheal
- Ability to engage and build positive relationships with parents/families
- Candidates must hold a full and clean Driving License and have a car at their disposal
Terms and Conditions:
- Salary: Depending on Experience
- Commitment to Continuous Professional Development
- The Post is subject to 6 months’ probation, Garda Vetting, two written references and continued funding.
To apply: Please send an up to date Curriculum Vitae together with cover letter by e-mail to Margaret Mastriani, Child and Family Service Manager - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal Enquiries to Melissa Fitzgerald on e-mail at Melissa.email@example.com or 061-314111.
Please find the full job spec-candidate info document in the link below:
Job Description - Community Mother November 2021.doc
CM Advert 29_11_21.doc