Vacancy - Project Worker- Teen Parent Support Programme and Community Mothers Programme (12 months Fixed-Term Contract, 25-37.5 hours/week)
The Project Worker role will include one to one work with parents of young children, facilitation of group work and administrative duties. This post is funded by TUSLA Child and Family Agency. The successful candidate will form an integral part LSSC’s Child and Family Service.
The role will entail the following (please see the job description for a full description of the roles and responsibilities):
- Support pregnant people or parents/carers (with an emphasis on young parents) in their parenting role and support positive parent/child relationships through the provision of one to one supports
- Actively manage a caseload of families
- Develop and deliver interventions and supports to meet the needs of parents and parents to be
- Support the delivery and administration of supports to young parents under the School Completion Programme
- Support both the Teen Parent Support Programme and Community Mothers Programme to maintain up to date records and files; communicate with clients and partner agencies; and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Facilitate group work and programmes line with the needs of both programmes
Applicants for this post must have:
- Relevant and recognised qualification (Minimum Level 7) in Social Care, Social Work, Early Childhood Care and Education or other related discipline
- Post Qualification experience of working with vulnerable children/families and diverse backgrounds
- Experience of working in partnership with families and carers
- Be a highly motivated, proactive individual with excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Have a working knowledge of Tusla Children First and Meitheal
- Ability to engage and build positive relationships with parents/families
- The ability to maintain a professional approach and observe confidentiality at all times.
- Candidates must hold a full and clean Driving License & have a car at their disposal.
Terms and Conditions:
- Salary: Depending on Experience
- Commitment to Continuous Professional Development
- The Post is subject to 6 months’ probation, Garda Vetting, two written references and continued funding.
To apply: Please send an up to date Curriculum Vitae together with cover letter by e-mail to Margaret Mastriani, Child and Family Service Manager - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal Enquiries to Joanne Ryan 061-314111 or email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 5.00 pm on August 12th, 2022.
Interviews will be held during the week of August 22nd.
Late applications will not be accepted.
LSSC is committed to a Policy of Equal Opportunity.
Please find the full job spec-candidate info document in the links below:
LSSC TPSPCM Project Worker Advert.doc
Job Description Project Worker LSSC.doc